Melissa Gilbert makes telling move in life update after husband Timothy Busfield’s shocking arrest

News Room By News Room
4 Min Read

Melissa Gilbert did a 180 earlier this month when she returned to Instagram, four months after she deleted her profile following her husband, Timothy Busfield’s arrest.

Melissa removed her account soon after the Albuquerque Police Department (APD) issued a warrant for Timothy’s arrest on allegations of child sexual abuse on January 9.

The Little House on the Prairie star, 62, has shared several posts since her return on May 13; however, one telling move has made it clear that Melissa is protecting herself from internet trolls.

On Friday, May 22, she shared an update on her “life lately,” posting two clips of her pet dog and rabbit interacting inside her home.

Recommended videoYou may also likeWATCH: Melissa Gilbert gives first interview since husband’s arrest

“Life lately…Sundance is OBSESSED with Billy Bibbit and vice versa. #besties #angora #aussie @myalpacapet,” she captioned the clips.

In a bid to avoid any unwanted negative feedback about her husband’s legal woes, Melissa turned off the comments on her post.

Melissa’s actions appear to highlight her disinterest in receiving unflattering opinions about herself or her husband, as she has turned the comments off on all but three of her posts since her return to Instagram.

Another post Melissa disabled the comments on was a makeup-free selfie she shared on May 18 to promote her Modern Prairie app’s “Finally Getting the Picture” campaign on Instagram.

“Ok @officialmodernprairie so many women posted photos on our app, I’ll accept the challenge and bring it here to IG,” she penned.

“This is me. No make up. Early morning. Jammies. No filter. Definitely getting into the picture of my life today. So much more to come,” she added, alongside some very telling hashtags, including “#wecandohardthings #keepmovingforward #nevergiveup,” and “lovelifeevenwhenitshard.”

© Instagram
Melissa has disabled the comments on several of her Instagram posts

Melissa’s social media return came just over a month after she admitted that “life as we knew it is done” in her first interview since Timothy’s arrest.

“We are grieving what we had – all of our plans, all of our dreams, all of our ideas, all of our projects,” she said on GMA alongside her lawyer Larry Stein. “For Tim, it’s done. He’s canceled. Even if he’s exonerated, he will always be that guy.”

Melissa Gilbert with husband Timothy Busfield© Getty Images
Melissa Gilbert with husband Timothy Busfield

Explaining why she decided to finally speak out, she said: “It’s time. We’ve been hearing and reading too much untruth and we felt that the time was right to speak out… I wasn’t capable until now, it was too traumatic.”

Timothy surrendered to police on January 13 after the APD issued a warrant for his arrest, alleging he engaged in unlawful sexual conduct with 11-year-old twin boys on the set of the TV show, The Cleaning Lady.

Timothy Busfield's booking photo was released by the police department © Getty Images
Timothy Busfield was arrested on allegations of child sexual abuse

He has been accused of two counts of criminal sexual contact with a minor and one count of child abuse.

He vehemently denies all allegations and told TMZ: “They’re all lies and I did not do anything to those little boys and I’m gonna fight it. I’m gonna fight it with a great team, and I’m gonna be exonerated, I know I am, because this is all so wrong and all lies.”

Read the full article here

TAGGED:
Share This Article
Leave a comment