By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The Hollywood Ear
  • 🔥 Trending:
  • P. Diddy
  • Kardashians
  • Hollywood
  • Disney
  • Netflix
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
  • More Articles
Reading: Why Donald Trump Won’t Wear a Bulletproof Vest Despite 3 Assassination Attempts
The Hollywood EarThe Hollywood Ear
Font ResizerAa
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
  • More Articles

Must Read

I wasn’t a cast member because I’m ‘plus-size’

Khloé Kardashian confesses her cats underwent widely banned surgery

Queen Camilla can’t hide her honest reaction to ‘very strong’ Irish drink

Only Amazon Prime Members Can Shop These 30 Exclusive Memorial Day Sales — From $6

Mike White taps two ‘Survivor 50’ contestants for ‘White Lotus’ Season 4

Follow US
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
© Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
The Hollywood Ear > News > Why Donald Trump Won’t Wear a Bulletproof Vest Despite 3 Assassination Attempts
News

Why Donald Trump Won’t Wear a Bulletproof Vest Despite 3 Assassination Attempts

News Room By News Room May 1, 2026
Share
5 Min Read
SHARE
flipboard
Flipboard
Google News

President Donald Trump isn’t interested in wearing a bulletproof vest despite surviving multiple assassination attempts.

Trump, 79, was asked by reporters at an Oval Office event on Thursday, April 30, whether there had been any talks regarding the president taking the security precaution in future.

“I don’t know if I can handle looking 20 pounds heavier,” Trump responded, prompting laughs from several people in the room.

Trump was likely the intended target when a shooter reportedly opened fire at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner event, held in the Washington Hilton ballroom on April 24.

Related: Karoline Leavitt Says Nobody Has Faced ‘More Violence’ Than Donald Trump

Karoline Leavitt claimed that no one has endured “more violence” than President Donald Trump following the recent shooting at the White House correspondents’ dinner. “Saturday was supposed to be a joyful evening, celebrating free speech and the first amendment with all of you members of the press,” the White House press secretary, 28, said in […]

The president and first lady Melania Trump, 56, were rushed off stage after shots reportedly broke out.

While the Trumps, Vice President J.D. Vance and others were safely evacuated, a Secret Service agent was struck during the incident. The wounded agent was wearing a protective vest.

“Frankly, the vest did an amazing job because it took a bullet close up,” Trump said in the Oval Office on Thursday. “And he didn’t even want to go to the hospital. We sent him to the hospital.”

Trump also likened the experience of getting shot while wearing a bulletproof vest to “getting hit by Mike Tyson.”

The day after the WHCD shooting, Trump praised the bulletproof vest’s role as he briefed the media on the condition of the injured Secret Service agent.

“The vest did the job,” Trump told reporters. “I just spoke to the officer and he was doing great, he’s in great shape, in very high spirits and I told him we love him and respect him and he’s a very proud guy, he’s very proud of what he does, the Secret Service agent.”

California native Cole Tomas Allen was apprehended during the shooting and subsequently charged with attempting to assassinate the President of the United States, transportation of a firearm and ammunition in interstate commerce with intent to commit a felony, and discharge of a firearm during a crime of violence, per the Justice Department. He has not yet entered a plea.

Related: New WHCD Shooting Video Shows Moment Shots Were Fired With Trump Nearby

Shocking new video footage shows the moment shots rang out at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner last weekend. Jeanine Pirro, the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia, posted what appears to be security camera footage of the shooting incident via X on Thursday, April 30. Shooting suspect Cole Tomas Allen can allegedly be […]

Meanwhile, Trump insisted he was “honored” to be a target after the WHCD shooting incident.

“When you look at our great presidents, [this] doesn’t happen to people who don’t do anything,” Trump told reporters at the White House on Saturday, April 25.

Trump has also addressed his seemingly slow evacuation from the ballroom in the midst of the incident.

“What happened is, it was a little bit me. I wanted to see what was happening, and I wasn’t making it that easy for [the shooter],” Trump told 60 Minutes on Sunday, April 26.

“I wanted to see what was going on. And by that time, we started to realize maybe it was a bad problem, different kind of a problem, bad one, and different than what would be normal noise from a ballroom, which you hear all the time,” he added. “I was surrounded by great people, and I probably made them act a little bit more slowly. I said, ‘Wait a minute. Let me see.’”

Read the full article here

Contents
Related: Karoline Leavitt Says Nobody Has Faced ‘More Violence’ Than Donald TrumpRelated: New WHCD Shooting Video Shows Moment Shots Were Fired With Trump Nearby
TAGGED:Featured
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Print
Previous Article Inside Alix Earle and ex Braxton Berrios’ reunion at star-studded Miami Grand Prix party
Next Article Jessica Alba unveils striking new back tattoo
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Must Read

I wasn’t a cast member because I’m ‘plus-size’

Khloé Kardashian confesses her cats underwent widely banned surgery

Queen Camilla can’t hide her honest reaction to ‘very strong’ Irish drink

Only Amazon Prime Members Can Shop These 30 Exclusive Memorial Day Sales — From $6

Mike White taps two ‘Survivor 50’ contestants for ‘White Lotus’ Season 4

Jimmy Kimmel mocks Elon Musk’s criticism of Lupita Nyong’o’s ‘Odyssey’ casting

- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might also Like

‘Baywatch’ star Nicole Eggert on why she left the show after 2 seasons

Nicole Eggert quit “Baywatch” after being promised she’d star in a spinoff that never came…

April 8, 2026 3 Min Read

Ayesha Howard claims NBA star Anthony Edwards hid assets to avoid child support decision in California

Ayesha Howard claimed NBA star Anthony Edwards “intentionally” hid assets to avoid California child support…

April 11, 2026 4 Min Read

Jack Nicholson’s daughter shares ultra-rare photo of her reclusive father on his 89th birthday

Jack Nicholson may be one of Hollywood's most iconic leading men, but in recent years,…

April 24, 2026 4 Min Read

Amanda Bynes debuts new blinged-out eyebrow look during solo outing in Los Angeles

Amanda Bynes debuted a new look with blinged-out eyebrows in yet another eyebrow raising glam…

May 21, 2026 2 Min Read

‘Today’ show’s Savannah Guthrie sobs in ‘agony’ during first interview since mom Nancy’s ‘unbearable’ disappearance

A sobbing Savannah Guthrie said she was in “agony” over her mom Nancy’s disappearance during…

March 25, 2026 5 Min Read

‘American Pie’ star Shannon Elizabeth talks Simon Borchert divorce after joining OnlyFans

Shannon Elizabeth is “happier” after splitting from her husband, Simon Borchert. The “American Pie” star…

April 17, 2026 3 Min Read
The Hollywood Ear

Hollywood Ear is your one-step website for the latest Hollywood, celbirty and entertainment news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Quicklinks

  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals

About US

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.