By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The Hollywood Ear
  • đŸ”„ Trending:
  • P. Diddy
  • Kardashians
  • Hollywood
  • Disney
  • Netflix
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
  • More Articles
Reading: White House Shooting Suspect Dead and Bystander Critically Injured Amid Gunfire With Secret Service
The Hollywood EarThe Hollywood Ear
Font ResizerAa
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
  • More Articles

Must Read

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Cheer on Cleveland Cavaliers Courtside at NBA Eastern Conference Final

Demi Lovato rocks alluring ‘naked’ dress that has fans all saying the same thing

White House Shooting Suspect Dead and Bystander Critically Injured Amid Gunfire With Secret Service

An architect explains the ‘Bedroom Rule’

‘Game of Thrones’ Alum Hannah Murray Says She Had Psychotic Break After Joining a Wellness Cult

Follow US
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
© Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
The Hollywood Ear > News > White House Shooting Suspect Dead and Bystander Critically Injured Amid Gunfire With Secret Service
News

White House Shooting Suspect Dead and Bystander Critically Injured Amid Gunfire With Secret Service

News Room By News Room May 24, 2026
Share
5 Min Read
SHARE
flipboard
Flipboard
Google News

The Secret Service confirmed that an alleged shooter who opened fire at Secret Service agents near the White House has died.

An agency spokesperson also announced on Saturday, May 23, that a bystander was injured during the violent incident and is currently in critical condition. The suspected shooter — who has not been named publicly — allegedly opened fire at a Secret Service checkpoint at 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW in Washington D.C., though no agents were injured.

“Shortly after 6 p.m. Saturday, an individual in the area of 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue pulled a weapon from his bag and began firing,” Secret Service Chief of Communications Anthony Guglielmi told Us Weekly on Saturday. “Secret Service Police returned fire, striking the suspect who was transported to an area hospital where he was pronounced deceased. During the shooting, one bystander was also struck by gunfire.”

The statement concluded, “No injuries were sustained by officers. The President [Donald Trump] was in the White House during the incident, however no protectees or operations were impacted. The incident remains under investigation and additional information will be released as it becomes available.”

Related: New WHCD Shooting Video Shows Moment Shots Were Fired With Trump Nearby

Shocking new video footage shows the moment shots rang out at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner last weekend. Jeanine Pirro, the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia, posted what appears to be security camera footage of the shooting incident via X on Thursday, April 30. Shooting suspect Cole Tomas Allen can allegedly be [
]

CNN reported that investigators matched the name of the suspected shooter with someone they’d had “multiple encounters with in and around the White House.”

Us has reached out to the White House and Secret Service for comment.

Earlier in the night, a Secret Service spokesperson confirmed to Us that the agency was “gathering information and will have more on this incident shortly.”

“FBI is on the scene and supporting Secret Service responding to shots fired near White House grounds – we will update the public as we’re able,” FBI Director Kash Patel tweeted a short time later.

White House reporters were on the premises when gunfire broke out. They were quickly rushed into the briefing room and locked down for around 40 minutes, per multiple outlets.

“I was in the middle of taping on my iPhone for a social video from the White House North Lawn when we heard the shots,” ABC News White House correspondent Selina Wang tweeted at the time. “It sounded like dozens of gunshots. We were told to sprint to the press briefing room where we are holding now.”

The incident took place less than one month after shots broke out at the Washington Hilton during the annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner on April 25.

President Trump, 79, first lady Melania Trump, Vice President JD Vance and numerous other administration officials were all inside the Hilton’s ballroom when gunfire erupted near the main magnetometer in the lobby. They were all rushed out of the ballroom within moments of the shooting.

Related: Donald Trump Praises Melania’s Reaction to ‘Traumatic’ WHCD Shooting

President Donald Trump praised first lady Melania Trump’s reaction to a shooting at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner. “I want to thank the first lady, that was a rather traumatic experience for her,” Trump, 79, told reporters from the White House on Saturday, April 25. “We’re not going to let anybody take over our society, [
]

Cole Tomas Allen allegedly shot a Secret Service agent in their protective vest during the crossfire, with the agent being rushed to a local hospital for treatment. (Trump told reporters in a briefing that the Secret Service agent was saved by his security vest.)

Allen, 31, was later charged with attempting to assassinate the president, interstate transportation of weapons and discharge of a firearm during a violent crime and pleaded not guilty during a May 11 court hearing.

Read the full article here

Contents
Related: New WHCD Shooting Video Shows Moment Shots Were Fired With Trump NearbyRelated: Donald Trump Praises Melania’s Reaction to ‘Traumatic’ WHCD Shooting
TAGGED:Featured
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Print
Previous Article An architect explains the ‘Bedroom Rule’
Next Article Demi Lovato rocks alluring ‘naked’ dress that has fans all saying the same thing
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Must Read

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Cheer on Cleveland Cavaliers Courtside at NBA Eastern Conference Final

Demi Lovato rocks alluring ‘naked’ dress that has fans all saying the same thing

An architect explains the ‘Bedroom Rule’

‘Game of Thrones’ Alum Hannah Murray Says She Had Psychotic Break After Joining a Wellness Cult

Sons of Anarchy star Charlie Hunnam, 46, looks completely different in latest outing

Secret Service Responds as 2 People Shot Near White House 1 Month After WHCD Shooting

- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might also Like

Prince William, Kate Middleton’s rent for Forest Lodge home revealed

Prince William and Kate Middleton are reportedly paying $411,435 a year to rent Forest Lodge…

May 18, 2026 3 Min Read
1

Want to Smell Like Jennifer Garner? Get Her Favorite ‘Fresh and Clean’ Body Glow Oil

Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships. We receive compensation when you click on a link and…

March 30, 2026 4 Min Read

Cher ‘cuts off financial support’ to son Elijah amid conservatorship battle

New court documents allege that Cher has cut off her estranged son, Elijah Blue Allman.…

May 8, 2026 4 Min Read

‘I will see you again’

Donnie Wahlberg shared a touching tribute to his late mother, Alma Wahlberg, on Wednesday, four…

May 7, 2026 5 Min Read

Simon Cowell’s ex-Sinitta makes rare comment on ‘unfaithful’ music mogul’s fiancĂ©e Lauren Silverman and son Eric

Simon Cowell's former girlfriend and TV star Sinitta made a rare comment about the music…

April 11, 2026 3 Min Read

‘I have a sneaking love of fakes’

To walk into Nicky Haslam's Cotswolds house is to enter a trove of exalted taste and…

May 12, 2026 8 Min Read
The Hollywood Ear

Hollywood Ear is your one-step website for the latest Hollywood, celbirty and entertainment news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Quicklinks

  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals

About US

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.