Perez Hilton has been granted supervised visitation with his three children after he live streamed an apparent self-harm incident earlier this month.
According to documents obtained by TMZ on Thursday, the visits must be supervised by a therapist or a family member “agreed upon by both sides.”
Per the outlet, a judge also officially granted Hilton’s mother, Teresita Lavandeira, temporary custody of the gossip blogger’s children.
TMZ reported that the media personality has consented to the current caregiving arrangement, and noted that the order stated that he’s “their only legal parent.”
Teresita will now oversee their school matters — including enrollment — as well as medical care and other decisions in relation to their needs.
According to TMZ, Hilton will need psychiatric clearance. The arrangement will reportedly be in place until the court orders otherwise, or until the journalist and Teresita agree to another arrangement.
Per the outlet, the judge in the case determined that confidentiality is in the best interests of the children, and the custody case has been sealed to ensure privacy and protection.
A rep for the media personality did not immediately respond to Page Six’s request for comment on Thursday afternoon.
The Lavandeira matriarch filed for temporary custody of Mario, 13, Mia, 11, and Mayte, 8 — on Aug. 7, just days after Hilton went live on TikTok on August 4th with an apparent self-harm video amid a mental health crisis.
Hilton, 48 — whose real name is Mario Lavandeira, Jr. — made headlines after the incident at his Miami home, which culminated in a long-term hospitalization for the celebrity news guru.
According to a Florida incident report obtained by People earlier this month, a fire rescue team responded to the incident that evening, entering his home and beginning “treatment on scene for multiple lacerations and an overdose” before transporting him to a local medical facility.
The media personality’s sister, Barbara Lavandeira, had notified law enforcement after she discovered her brother in the act of self-harm while “covered in blood.”
Per the report, Barbara and Hilton’s children had fled the home in her vehicle, though he was said to have rushed after them and was “banging on” the window as they attempted to leave.
By the time first responders and authorities had arrived on the scene, Hilton had returned to the residence and locked himself inside.
The report further stated that family members arrived later and got him into the living room to receive treatment from first responders.
Barbara exclusively told Page Six in an interview published last week that the internet personality remains hospitalized and “continues to receive medical treatment for his injuries.”
“His physical and mental recovery is going to take a lot of time, but we remain hopeful,” she told us.
“He has no access to a cellphone, social media or the internet. Everyone’s focus is on helping him recover physically and making sure he receives the mental and emotional care and support he needs.”
Barbara also explained that she doesn’t know when the celebrity blogger will return home, and that he had battled “severe depression” — even checking himself into a hospital — before the incident.
Prior to the highly publicized mental health incident, Hilton had a pair of hospitalizations stemming from a sepsis infection, and later faced mounting medical bills and other pressures — including a move from Las Vegas to Miami with his mother and children.
“He absolutely adores his family. He does everything for them,” a friend told Page Six earlier this month. “His whole life revolves around them. He’s a family man.”
If you or someone you know is affected by any of the issues raised in this story, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) or text Crisis Text Line at 741741.
Read the full article here
