By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The Hollywood Ear
  • 🔥 Trending:
  • P. Diddy
  • Kardashians
  • Hollywood
  • Disney
  • Netflix
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
  • More Articles
Reading: Mark Ballas Addresses His ‘DWTS’ Future Amid Broadway Success and ‘Next Pro’ Spinoff (Exclusive)
The Hollywood EarThe Hollywood Ear
Font ResizerAa
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
  • More Articles

Must Read

Taylor Sheridan’s $330M Four Sixes Ranch purchase led to a new exclusive deal with Paramount

Perez Hilton granted visitation with kids under supervision

JAG star Catherine Bell, 58, stuns fans with unexpected appearance with ’80s icon Robert Davi, 75

DWTS’ Gleb Savchenko Scores Minor Victory in Custody Battle With Ex-Wife Elena Samodanova

Margaret Qualley wears Chanel’s naked shoes on ‘The Dog Stars’ premiere red carpet

Follow US
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
© Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
The Hollywood Ear > News > Mark Ballas Addresses His ‘DWTS’ Future Amid Broadway Success and ‘Next Pro’ Spinoff (Exclusive)
News

Mark Ballas Addresses His ‘DWTS’ Future Amid Broadway Success and ‘Next Pro’ Spinoff (Exclusive)

News Room By News Room July 30, 2026
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE
flipboard
Flipboard
Google News

Mark Ballas may be booked and busy — but he’s not ruling out a return to Dancing With the Stars.

“Oh, I’m open,” Mark, 40, exclusively told Us about the possibility the dancer would return as a pro on the hit reality competition series. “I mean, it just depends. The show has their system that they go through and they’re deeply in the casting process right now. They just announced we’re getting a two-day premiere. We haven’t had that in a long time, so that’s pretty exciting. But yeah, we’ll see.”

Mark joined DWTS as a pro in 2007 and has since won the Mirrorball Trophy three times. After a few brief hiatuses, Mark returned for season 34 last year and placed sixth with The Secret Lives of Mormon Wives’ Whitney Leavitt.

As his future for season 35 remains up in the air, Mark has taken a seat on the judges panel for Dancing With the Stars: The Next Pro. The spinoff series centers around 12 contestants competing for a spot on DWTS as a pro and receiving feedback from Mark, mom Shirley Ballas and a rotating guest judge.

Related: ‘Dancing With the Stars‘ Pros: Where Are They Now?

Mirrorball champs or not, Dancing With the Stars has featured some impeccable professional dancers in the years since the ABC competition series premiered in 2005. Derek Hough, Cheryl Burke and Maksim Chmerkovskiy are among the talent who have lit up the ballroom. Thank You! You have successfully subscribed. Subscribe to newsletters Enter your email Please enter a […]

For Mark, sharing his dance “knowledge” is something he enjoys — and wouldn’t rule out doing so permanently on DWTS. (Mark has also served as a guest judge on the ABC reality show, which he told Us was a “good time” spent alongside pal and DWTS judge Derek Hough.)

“I enjoy teaching. I enjoy giving anything I can to the new generation to help. Some of the younger pros know that I’m always a phone call away and I’m always down to help and in whatever capacity I can,” he said. “So if that means being a judge one day, absolutely. Whatever the show wants to do. We’ll see what comes along in the future. I really enjoyed that side of it.”

He continued, “But, I also do love creating and choreographing and the musical side of it. That’s kind of my favorite part — is being able to use my imagination to help bring things to life. But yeah, I’m definitely open to that.”

Beyond the screen, he has also channeled his talent on Broadway. Mark, who told Us he’s been a part of musical theatre since he was “young,” had a box office record-breaking stint as Billy Flynn in Chicago earlier this year and starred opposite Whitney. He has now returned to the stage for a limited time, wrapping up on August 16.

“I feel like Chicago is one of those shows that you kind of start learning when you’re young. I was learning these songs when I was a kid,” he recalled to Us. “Fast forward, I don’t know, 30 years later, to be playing Billy Flynn — like the guy — it’s a very full circle moment. Very, very, very honored.”

Read the full article here

TAGGED:Featured
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Print
Previous Article Jax Taylor breaks silence on romance with ex Brittany Cartwright’s publicist
Next Article Meet NBA superstar Steph Curry’s entrepreneur wife Ayesha and their 4 kids — plus her A-list circle of friends
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Must Read

Taylor Sheridan’s $330M Four Sixes Ranch purchase led to a new exclusive deal with Paramount

Perez Hilton granted visitation with kids under supervision

JAG star Catherine Bell, 58, stuns fans with unexpected appearance with ’80s icon Robert Davi, 75

DWTS’ Gleb Savchenko Scores Minor Victory in Custody Battle With Ex-Wife Elena Samodanova

Margaret Qualley wears Chanel’s naked shoes on ‘The Dog Stars’ premiere red carpet

‘Good Luck Charlie’ child star is all grown up in pic starting senior year of high school

- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might also Like

Hayden Panettiere cancels appearance at the last minute due to unspecified ’emergency’

Hayden Panettiere bailed on her Creep I.E. Con appearance at the last minute. The convention…

July 11, 2026 3 Min Read

Taylor Swift’s aunt gives intimate details from inside MSG wedding

Taylor Swift’s aunt Robin Gentry revealed how emotional things got inside the pop star and…

July 4, 2026 3 Min Read

Hailey Bieber sparks fan reaction as she reveals protein-packed dinner that gives her toned figure

Hailey Bieber has proved that her talents extend far beyond the camera lens and the…

August 6, 2026 3 Min Read

The ‘horrifying’ text Jenny Mollen sent ex Jason Biggs after he moved out

Jenny Mollen revealed that she texted estranged husband Jason Biggs to tell him she was…

June 24, 2026 4 Min Read
1

Paris Jackson Claps Back at Troll’s Criticism That Tattoos ‘Make Her Look Dirty’

Paris Jackson had a fiery response after a social media user claimed that tattoos “make…

August 14, 2026 4 Min Read

Meghan Markle, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet may not travel to London with Prince Harry

Meghan Markle, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet may not make the trek across the pond…

July 4, 2026 3 Min Read
The Hollywood Ear

Hollywood Ear is your one-step website for the latest Hollywood, celbirty and entertainment news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Quicklinks

  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals

About US

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.