King Charles’s poignant 4-word reaction to cancer diagnosis finally revealed by Queen Camilla

News Room By News Room
4 Min Read

The Queen has revealed King Charles‘s very courageous comment after receiving his

Camilla, 79, spoke for the first time about the moment her husband found out he had the disease in a new interview with the charity Maggie’s on Wednesday to mark their 30th anniversary. 

The King said “I’m going to cope” after receiving the news that he had cancer, for which he continues to undergo treatment.

He was determined to carry on and returned to engagements that April, just three months after receiving the news.  

© PA Images via Getty Images
King Charles was determined to carry on after receiving his diagnosis, Camilla said

Camilla said: “Look at my husband, nothing stopped him. He just said: ‘This is my way, I’m going to cope with it.'”

Queen Camilla’s incredibly moving interview

Camilla also spoke about a “difficult” visit to a Maggie’s cancer centre on 31 January 2024 when she knew her husband had cancer, but it hadn’t yet been revealed to the rest of the world. 

Queen Camilla spoke about her husband's 'difficult' cancer diagnosis© Buckingham Palace
Queen Camilla spoke about her husband’s ‘difficult’ cancer diagnosis

It came just two days after Charles was discharged from hospital and five days before Buckingham Palace revealed he had cancer. 

Speaking to Maggie’s chief executive Dame Laura Lee, Camilla said: “I remember coming to see Maggie’s just after The King had been diagnosed. Nobody could say anything at the time. That was quite difficult.

“I almost said something but, you know, I felt that it wasn’t the time to say. [I] looked at everybody who was suffering and all the relations and I think it made me realise even more how important these places were.”

Charles had initially been admitted to hospital on 26 January that year for an , but was subsequently told he had cancer. 

Is King Charles still undergoing treatment for cancer?

Buckingham Palace announced that the King had cancer on 5 February 2024, five days after Camilla’s visit, and just weeks apart from the Princess of Wales revealing her own diagnosis. 

Prince William later said it was the “hardest year” of his life. 

Queen Camilla spoke to Dame Laura Lee to mark Maggie's 30th anniversary© Buckingham Palace
Queen Camilla spoke to Dame Laura Lee to mark Maggie’s 30th anniversary

The health of the 77-year-old monarch, who is still receiving cancer treatment, is said to be continuing in a very positive direction, with Charles announcing the “personal blessing” at the end of last year that his schedule of treatment was being reduced.

A spokesperson for Buckingham Palace added that he has responded “exceptionally well” to treatment, but the new position will be continuously monitored by doctors.

Charles in April 2024, less than three months after his treatment began. He has continued to carry out duties at home and abroad, including a state visit to the US in May. 

He is known for being a workaholic, and the Queen has spoken before of how he “won’t slow down and won’t do what he’s told” even after his diagnosis.

Read the full article here

TAGGED:
Share This Article
Leave a comment