By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The Hollywood Ear
  • đŸ”„ Trending:
  • P. Diddy
  • Kardashians
  • Hollywood
  • Disney
  • Netflix
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
  • More Articles
Reading: 2 Oklahoma Elementary School Employees Accused of Attacking Young Students on Separate Occasions
The Hollywood EarThe Hollywood Ear
Font ResizerAa
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
  • More Articles

Must Read

What Do Vivid Dreams and Recurring Nightmares Signal About Sleep Quality? 2026 Research Weighs In

Brooke Shields reveals whether she and John F. Kennedy Jr. ever hooked up

‘Danny Go!’ star Daniel Coleman shared details of son Isaac’s health ‘decline’ in final post before death

King Charles cheered as he makes surprise appearance

Prince William Gives Update on Kate Middleton’s Cancer Recovery: ‘Family Couldn’t Cope Without Her’

Follow US
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
© Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
The Hollywood Ear > News > 2 Oklahoma Elementary School Employees Accused of Attacking Young Students on Separate Occasions
News

2 Oklahoma Elementary School Employees Accused of Attacking Young Students on Separate Occasions

News Room By News Room April 9, 2026
Share
5 Min Read
SHARE
flipboard
Flipboard
Google News

Two elementary school employees in Oklahoma have been arrested after they were accused of attacking a 10-year-old student and a 5-year-old student on separate occasions.

Teacher’s aide Elizabeth Kay Sutton and personal care assistant Ottoria McClung were both charged with assault and battery upon a student, according to The Lawton Constitution.

Authorities learned of the first alleged assault when Elgin Elementary School Principal Gabe Winn reported on January 8 that Sutton, 38, allegedly grabbed a 10-year-old boy and forced him back into his seat before she struck him in the face.

Security camera footage allegedly showed Sutton move her arm toward the boy’s face, and the boy turned his head away from the teacher’s aide. Sutton was then seen swinging toward the boy’s face and his head snapped back on impact.

Related: Kindergarten Teacher Accused of Attacking Child Who Broke Pencil Is Fired

A Texas kindergarten teacher accused of attacking and injuring a 5-year-old, allegedly for breaking a pencil, has been fired over the violent incident, school officials confirmed to Us Weekly. Pamela Mitchell, 64, was arrested on Thursday, February 19, in connection with the assault that a teacher’s aide had reported to the Department of Family and [
]

Back in his classroom, the boy’s teacher noticed a red mark on his face that was not there before the students’ lunch break.

While speaking to police, Sutton defended her actions and said the boy “had been difficult since returning to school after the break.”

She also claimed to have used a hold she was taught as a paraprofessional and insisted she never meant to hurt the boy, according to the outlet.

Sutton was then arrested and pleaded not guilty to assaulting the child. Superintendent Nate Meraz also confirmed to the outlet that she has since been fired from her job.

Months after Sutton was arrested, a similar incident took place when Elgin Elementary School personal care assistant McClung, 37, was allegedly observed carrying a 5-year-old student in a chokehold down a hallway.

A witness told police that the boy’s face was red and that he was crying, as well as hitting McClung’s arm in a vain bid to free himself. “I can’t deal with this,” McClung allegedly said during the altercation that took place on March 13, per the outlet.

McClung was arrested soon after and was fired following the allegations. It is not currently clear if she has entered a plea or retained legal counsel following her arrest.

After the upsetting incidents took place, Meraz issued a statement to the school that “all of the appropriate authorities were notified immediately.” Meraz also assured parents that “all employees must pass a background check, and professional references are called prior to employment.”

Related: Children’s Basketball Coach, Her Dad Attacked Other Coach, His Wife During Game

A children’s basketball coach and her father were arrested after police said they attacked another coach and his wife during an argument that unfolded following a game played by second graders, according to authorities. Brittany Ortiz, 38, of Malvern, and her father, William Stanley, 70, of Paoli, are accused of assaulting the couple following a [
]

“Both of these instances were reported to administration by fellow employees which reflects the culture of accountability here,” Meraz added.

Meraz continued, “My philosophy on personnel is this: If we have reasonable hesitation in the interview process, we will not employ you. Once employed, if you harm a student, you will be terminated. We are here to educate kids in a safe environment. Elgin Public Schools’ highest priority is the safety and well-being of its students.”

Both Sutton and McClung are scheduled to appear in court on May 20 regarding their charges.

Read the full article here

Contents
Related: Kindergarten Teacher Accused of Attacking Child Who Broke Pencil Is FiredRelated: Children’s Basketball Coach, Her Dad Attacked Other Coach, His Wife During Game
TAGGED:Featured
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Print
Previous Article Jennie Garth lifts the lid on Shannen Doherty ‘90210’ feud: ‘Just fending for ourselves’
Next Article Chad Michael Murray leaves fans doing a double take in unrecognizable unearthed photo
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Must Read

What Do Vivid Dreams and Recurring Nightmares Signal About Sleep Quality? 2026 Research Weighs In

Brooke Shields reveals whether she and John F. Kennedy Jr. ever hooked up

‘Danny Go!’ star Daniel Coleman shared details of son Isaac’s health ‘decline’ in final post before death

King Charles cheered as he makes surprise appearance

Prince William Gives Update on Kate Middleton’s Cancer Recovery: ‘Family Couldn’t Cope Without Her’

Exes Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner match in blue on LA outing

- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might also Like

Prince Harry’s ex Chelsy Davy finally shares close-up photos of ‘adventurous’ ÂŁ40k engagement ring

Not one to chase the spotlight, Chelsy Davy has kept details of her engagement and…

April 24, 2026 5 Min Read

Kim Kardashian’s 10-year-old son Saint West showcases his daredevils skills on electric dirt bike

Kim Kardashian has given fans a thrilling glimpse into her son Saint West’s adventurous side, sharing…

March 23, 2026 3 Min Read
1

Britney Spears Enjoys ‘Fun Afternoon’ With Diane Warren and Molly Shannon After DUI Arrest

Britney Spears appears to be enjoying her time with close friends in the wake of…

April 6, 2026 5 Min Read

Hilary Duff glows in white swimsuit on sunny beach vacation with her family in heartwarming video

Hilary Duff shared a heartwarming family video on social media, in which she glowed in…

April 13, 2026 4 Min Read

Tiger Woods pleads not guilty in DUI case after rollover car crash

Tiger Woods has pleaded not guilty in his latest DUI case, Page Six can confirm.…

April 1, 2026 4 Min Read

Vogue Williams announces she’s expecting fourth child with Spencer Matthews – see adorable baby bump photos

Vogue Williams has revealed she's expecting her fourth child with her husband Spencer Matthews. The TV…

April 16, 2026 3 Min Read
The Hollywood Ear

Hollywood Ear is your one-step website for the latest Hollywood, celbirty and entertainment news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Quicklinks

  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals

About US

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.