By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The Hollywood Ear
  • 🔥 Trending:
  • P. Diddy
  • Kardashians
  • Hollywood
  • Disney
  • Netflix
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
  • More Articles
Reading: Rex Heuermann Admits to Strangling 8 Women, Agrees to Work With FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit
The Hollywood EarThe Hollywood Ear
Font ResizerAa
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
  • More Articles

Must Read

Exes Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner match in blue on LA outing

Britney Spears told police mom Lynne killed a 12-year-old boy in DUI arrest video

5 largest box office profits in history – including underrated gem made for under $100 million

David Harbour Finally Reunites With ‘Stranger Things’ Costars 7 Months After Missing Finale Events

Inside Stephen Colbert’s post-‘Late Show’ plans as talk show comes to a close

Follow US
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
© Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
The Hollywood Ear > News > Rex Heuermann Admits to Strangling 8 Women, Agrees to Work With FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit
News

Rex Heuermann Admits to Strangling 8 Women, Agrees to Work With FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit

News Room By News Room April 8, 2026
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE
flipboard
Flipboard
Google News

As expected, accused Long Island Serial Killer Rex Heuermann amended his not guilty plea inside a Riverhead courtroom, admitting before his wife and daughter he was the one who killed at least eight women whose bodies he later dumped along a highway near Gilgo Beach.

The hulking former architect, 62, has been in custody since his arrest in July 2023. Up until now, Heuermann had maintained his innocence.

Heuermann hobbled into the courtroom, an eyewitness inside the courtroom revealed to Us Weekly, and smiled at his ex-wife, Asa Ellerup, and his daughter, Victoria Heuermann, who were accompanied by civil right attorney Gloria Allred.

“The court has been made aware that the defendant may enter a guilty plea today, which was probably the worst kept secret in this building,” Judge Timothy P. Mazzei said from the bench at the start of the hearing.

Related: Florida Man Arrested After Being Linked to the Long Island Serial Killer

A 66-year-old Florida man has been arrested and charged with killing single mother Tanya Denise Jackson, a Gulf War veteran, and her little girl, Tatiana, who were previously believed to be victims of the infamous Long Island Serial Killer. Andrew Dykes, who lives in Tampa, was arrested on Wednesday, December 3, and is being held […]

Rex is pleading guilty to killing eight women: Valerie Mack, 24; Jessica Taylor, 20; Megan Waterman, 22; Melissa Barthelemy, 24; Maureen Brainard-Barnes, 25; Sandra Costilla, 28; Amber Lynn Costello, 27; and Karen Vergata, 34.

As part of his plea agreement, Rex will be sentenced to three consecutive life sentences plus another 100 years.

The serial killer has also agreed to cooperate with members of the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit.

The killings occurred between 1993 and 2010.

In court, Rex was questioned by Suffolk County District Attorney Ray Tierney, and admitted to strangling his victims in the basement of his Massapequa home — some of whom he acknowledged dismembering.

“Strangulation,” Rex uttered when asked how he killed the eight women. A source inside the courtroom confirmed Rex showed no emotion on his face as he admitted to the brutal murders.

Reporters hounded Ellerup and Victoria after the hearing, following the women into the court parking lot.

Asa did say allegedly tell reporters she felt bad for the victims but would not speak beyond that.

News of the plea deal surfaced last month, when relatives of some of Rex’s alleged victims informed Long Island daily Newsday they had heard from prosecutors that an April 8 hearing was set.

Rex, who was married and has two adult children, was arrested in July 2023 outside his Manhattan office in connection to three of the Gilgo Beach murders. Asa divorced the serial killer within months of his arrest.

Investigators spent weeks going through every inch of Rex’s house, collecting evidence and discovering a stockpile of guns in the basement.

On Monday, April 6, lawyer John Ray filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Rex, Asa, and their kids on behalf of Benjamin Torres, the only child of Mack.

The civil filing contends Mack’s death deprived Torres of his “mother’s care, guidance, protection, nurture, society and economic support.”

Read the full article here

TAGGED:Featured
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Print
Previous Article Ailing Joe Biden surfaces for dinner at scene-y Santa Monica restaurant
Next Article Olympic star Ilia Malinin makes unexpected confession about infamous backflip on ice
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Must Read

Exes Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner match in blue on LA outing

Britney Spears told police mom Lynne killed a 12-year-old boy in DUI arrest video

5 largest box office profits in history – including underrated gem made for under $100 million

David Harbour Finally Reunites With ‘Stranger Things’ Costars 7 Months After Missing Finale Events

Inside Stephen Colbert’s post-‘Late Show’ plans as talk show comes to a close

Why Donald Trump is skipping son Donald Trump Jr.’s wedding to Bettina Anderson

- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might also Like

1

Ariana Madix Reveals Whether She’s Given Advice to Ciara Miller Amid West and Amanda Drama

Both Ariana Madix and Ciara Miller’s tumultuous love lives have played out in front of…

May 13, 2026 5 Min Read

Ambrosia founding member Christopher North dead at 75

Christopher North, the founding member of rock band Ambrosia, has died. He was 75. The…

March 31, 2026 2 Min Read

How Taylor Frankie Paul reacted to ‘Bachelorette’ contestant bringing up arrest

Taylor Frankie Paul was confronted about her 2023 domestic violence arrest while filming her now-canceled…

March 24, 2026 3 Min Read
1

Sports Reporter Gets Carjacked at Gunpoint During Live TV Segment in Dramatic Scene

Mexican sports reporter Fernando Vargas was robbed at gunpoint in a dramatic scene that all…

May 21, 2026 4 Min Read

Sam Claflin going for a shirtless run, Fareed Zakaria on the 1 Train and more sightings

A-listers were spotted in the wild all over the Concrete Jungle last week. “The Bear”…

April 6, 2026 2 Min Read

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle touch down in Australia on economy flight ahead of 4-day tour

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have quietly touched down in Australia, arriving on a commercial…

April 13, 2026 3 Min Read
The Hollywood Ear

Hollywood Ear is your one-step website for the latest Hollywood, celbirty and entertainment news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Quicklinks

  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals

About US

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.