By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The Hollywood Ear
  • đŸ”„ Trending:
  • P. Diddy
  • Kardashians
  • Hollywood
  • Disney
  • Netflix
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
  • More Articles
Reading: How FIFA Honored Jayden Adams During Norway vs England World Cup Match After His Death at Age 25
The Hollywood EarThe Hollywood Ear
Font ResizerAa
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
  • More Articles

Must Read

Princess Sofia is effortlessly elegant in all-white for outing with Prince Carl Philip

Meghan Markle in Talks to Star in ‘The Gentlemen’ as She Prepares for Acting Return Before U.K. Move

Donald Trump wins yet another golf tournament at one of his courses

Taylor Sheridan sued by writer who claims he stole ‘Yellowstone’ idea

Bond girl Famke Janssen, 61, looks decades younger in mini dress

Follow US
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
© Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
The Hollywood Ear > News > How FIFA Honored Jayden Adams During Norway vs England World Cup Match After His Death at Age 25
News

How FIFA Honored Jayden Adams During Norway vs England World Cup Match After His Death at Age 25

News Room By News Room July 12, 2026
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE
flipboard
Flipboard
Google News

FIFA led 60,000 soccer fans in a touching tribute to late South African player Jayden Adams following his shocking death at age 25.

On Saturday, July 11, the World Cup quarterfinal match between England and Norway at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida, was preceded by a moment of silence on Adams’ behalf. The emotional tribute saw Norway and England’s squads standing at opposite ends of the pitch as the jam-packed crowd stood silently in respect for Adams.

Earlier in the day, a spokesperson for the South African Football Players Union confirmed that Adams — a midfielder for Mamelodi Sundowns and Bafana Bafana — had died unexpectedly.

“Jayden had only recently represented South Africa at the 2026 FIFA World Cup, carrying the hopes of the nation with pride, courage, and distinction,” the organization said. “His passing is an immeasurable loss to his family, teammates, clubs, the football fraternity and country at large.”

Adams recently played during South Africa’s 2-0 World Cup loss to Mexico and its 1-1 draw with the Czech Republic. He also substituted for South Africa’s 1-0 win over South Korea, though he did not appear during the national team’s 1-0 loss against Canada. (The June 28 loss at Los Angeles Stadium in Inglewood led to Canada knocking South Africa out of the World Cup in the Round of 32.)

Gayton McKenzie, South Africa’s minister of sports, arts and culture, said on Saturday that investigators have not yet determined a cause of death for Adams. The minister promised that more information about the circumstances surrounding Adam’s death in Cape Town will be shared with the public as the investigation continues.

In the wake of Adams’ death, his longtime partner and mother to his 5-year-old daughter, Aqueelah Adendorf, broke her silence in a powerful social media post.

“There are no words to describe the pain I’m feeling,” Adendorf wrote via Instagram on Saturday “Rest in peace, my love. Thank you for every memory, every laugh, every hug, and every moment we shared. You were not only the love of my life but also my greatest supporter and my best friend.”

She went on, “A part of my heart left with you, and I will carry your love with me forever. Until we meet again, I’ll miss you every single day. Rest easy, my angle. I love you always and forever.”

FIFA president Gianni Infantino paid his respects to Adams’ “family, friends and teammates” in his own statement.

“It is so incredibly sad to hear that South Africa midfielder Jayden Adams has passed away just weeks after featuring in his nation’s historic FIFA World Cup campaign,” Infantino, 56, said on Saturday. “My thoughts and condolences, as well as those of everyone at FIFA and the global football community, are with his family, friends and teammates. The Bafana and Mamelodi Sundowns star will be sorely missed. May he rest in peace.”

Read the full article here

TAGGED:Featured
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Print
Previous Article Prince Harry reveals private Buckingham Palace room he wasn’t allowed inside until age 33
Next Article Jon Bon Jovi’s close call during long-awaited stage comeback
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Must Read

Princess Sofia is effortlessly elegant in all-white for outing with Prince Carl Philip

Meghan Markle in Talks to Star in ‘The Gentlemen’ as She Prepares for Acting Return Before U.K. Move

Donald Trump wins yet another golf tournament at one of his courses

Taylor Sheridan sued by writer who claims he stole ‘Yellowstone’ idea

Bond girl Famke Janssen, 61, looks decades younger in mini dress

Kim Zolciak Breaks Silence on Son KJ’s Arrest for Sexual Assault, Slams ‘Reckless’ Allegations

- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might also Like

Archie and Lilibet to start school in Britain after major U-turn

Meghan and Harry are returning to the UK News broke last night that Prince Harry…

August 20, 2026 2 Min Read

Sandra Bullock breaks silence on partner Bryan Randall’s death three years after tragedy

Sandra Bullock has spoken in heartbreaking detail about the death of her longtime partner Bryan Randall…

August 19, 2026 8 Min Read
1

Britney Spears’ Son Jayden James, 19, Addresses ‘Ridiculous’ Rumors His Mom Was Cloned

Britney Spears’ 19-year-old son, Jayden James, is weighing in on viral conspiracy theories that the…

July 18, 2026 4 Min Read
1

Ciara Recalls Russell Wilson Asking About Baby No. 5 ‘Shortly After’ She Gave Birth: ‘Slow It Down’ (Exclusive)

Ciara’s husband Russell Wilson didn’t waste any time pushing for baby number five, according to…

July 11, 2026 4 Min Read

Reese Witherspoon’s son Deacon, 22, channels dad Ryan Phillippe at ‘Elle’ premiere

Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe’s son, Deacon, was his dad’s spitting image at the “Elle”…

June 24, 2026 3 Min Read

What Jack Antonoff told Taylor Swift wedding guests about Margaret Qualley’s absence

You’re on your own, kid. Jack Antonoff reportedly blamed his estranged wife Margaret Qualley’s absence…

July 9, 2026 3 Min Read
The Hollywood Ear

Hollywood Ear is your one-step website for the latest Hollywood, celbirty and entertainment news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Quicklinks

  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals

About US

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.