Exclusive | Inside Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s house hunting search in posh UK area –

News Room By News Room
4 Min Read

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had been eyeing a return to the UK countryside for some time — with their sights set on a posh rural enclave he holds close to his heart.

“I was told by a friend of Harry‘s earlier this year that he was going to go house hunting and potentially in the Cotswolds near Highgrove,” royal commentator Tom Sykes exclusively told Page Six, referring to King Charles III and Queen Camilla’s Highgrove House residence.

The journalist explained that the Duke of Sussex knows the area “very well.”

“Obviously, that’s where he grew up, living with his father and brother there, and has happy memories,” Sykes said.

Harry, notably, has spent much of his childhood in the Cotswolds, as he and his brother, Prince William, would regularly stay at Highgrove House with their dad.

The “Spare” author has previously expressed his love for the countryside. During the Time100 Sports Gala in New York City on July 16, Harry was overheard raving about the “countryside” of England, specifically about having the best bangers and mash.

The location is also quite special to Harry and Markle, as they rented a Cotswolds country home shortly after their 2018 wedding.

Harry’s potential move to the Cotswolds would put some distance between him and his estranged brother and Kate Middleton, who live roughly two hours away in Windsor.

Markle, 45, and Harry, 41, are allegedly going to reside in a “non-royal residence,” the Sun reported.

The Cotswolds is an affluent stretch of rolling countryside in southwest England that has long attracted A-listers like David and Victoria Beckham, Kate Moss and Simon Cowell.

Page Six has reached out to the Sussexes’ rep for comment.

Sources confirmed to Page Six on Wednesday that Harry and the As Ever founder would be moving back to the UK for “an extended period” at the end of the month.

We’re told they decided to make the move so their kids — Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5 — can be closer to Charles and ensure they can build relationships with their royal family members.

Per a source, Charles, who revealed his cancer diagnosis in 2024, was made aware of their move this past Sunday.

An insider told Page Six that William is still refusing to talk to his younger brother, however, and that they remain on the outs.

Tensions have been brewing between Harry and William ever since he and Markle resigned from their royal duties and moved to Montecito, California, in 2020. Markle and Harry subsequently dragged the royal family during several interviews, as well as in Harry’s 2023 memoir, “Spare.”

Things appear to be smoothing over between Harry and his father, at least, as he, Markle and their kids reunited with Charles and Queen Camilla for the first time in four years last month.

Read the full article here

TAGGED:
Share This Article
Leave a comment