By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
The Hollywood Ear
  • 🔥 Trending:
  • P. Diddy
  • Kardashians
  • Hollywood
  • Disney
  • Netflix
Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
  • More Articles
Reading: ‘Sunday in the Park With George’ Production Responds to Ariana Grande Stepping Back From Public Eye
The Hollywood EarThe Hollywood Ear
Font ResizerAa
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
Search
  • Home
  • News
  • Celebrity
  • Gossip
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals
  • More Articles

Must Read

Kroy Biermann steps out for first time since teen son KJ’s sexual assault arrest

Heidi Klum, 53, branded a ‘tease’ in sultry sunbathing photo from tropical beach vacation

Even Rihanna Uses the Cooling Eye Patches That Amazon Shoppers Say ‘Noticeably Reduce Puffiness’ Around Eyes

‘The Challenge’ star Tyler Duckworth laid to rest in private funeral

Rumer Willis shares first glimpse into new home with toddler daughter after cross-country move

Follow US
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
© Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
The Hollywood Ear > News > ‘Sunday in the Park With George’ Production Responds to Ariana Grande Stepping Back From Public Eye
News

‘Sunday in the Park With George’ Production Responds to Ariana Grande Stepping Back From Public Eye

News Room By News Room August 3, 2026
Share
5 Min Read
SHARE
flipboard
Flipboard
Google News

The West End revival of Stephen Sondheim’s Sunday in the Park With George production is reacting to Ariana Grande’s announcement that the singer will step back from the public eye after she completes her Eternal Sunshine Tour amid public scrutiny and concern over her body and health.

“Following this evening’s announcement from Ariana Grande’s team, we can confirm that she has decided to step back from Sunday in the Park with George,” the production’s official X account shared via a written statement on Sunday, August 2. “We know this cannot have been an easy decision, and she makes it with our complete understanding and support.”

The production added, “We wish her nothing but the best. The production will open at the Barbican in summer 2027 as planned, and casting will be announced in due course.”

Grande was previously scheduled to appear in the production opposite her Wicked costar, Jonathan Bailey.

Related: Ariana Grande Doesn’t Invite Criticism of Her Appearance Anymore

Ariana Grande has heard it all about her body, and she’s had enough. The Wicked star recently appeared on the web series Oui Oui Baguette where she vented about the body shaming she has faced since first entering the public eye as a teenager. “I’ve been doing this in front of the public, and kind […]

Hours earlier on Sunday, Grande, 33, announced via her rep in a statement to People that she would be “taking a step back from visibility.”

“Ariana will be taking a step back from visibility after she completes the Eternal Sunshine Tour,” a rep told the publication. “She looks forward to finishing the tour and ending it on a high note, both healthily and happily.”

The rep also confirmed to the outlet that Grande’s decision serves as a “much-deserved break from public-facing work and appearances,” adding that the singer’s prior engagements have caused “endless, ongoing public scrutiny.”

The singer’s announcement comes on the heels of the Friday, July 3, release of her “Petal” music video, which left numerous fans and social media users concerned about the singer’s thin frame, leaving some to allege she is privately battling an eating disorder.

A source close to the singer also told the outlet that Grande “performs healthily and successfully at a very high level night after night,” pointing to the singer’s continued tour performances as a sign she is not unwell.

Grande has not personally responded to the announcement or criticism and concern. Us reached out to her team at the time for comment.

Related: Ariana Grande Cries on Stage After ‘Overwhelming’ Performance

Ariana Grande got very emotional during a performance in Los Angeles. “Thank you so much, oh, my God. L.A., thank you so much,” Grande, 32, said in footage from the second of four performances at Crypto.com Arena for her Eternal Sunshine Tour. “Are you kidding? What the hell? I’ve never in my life experienced a […]

“This tour has been a beautiful experience for her,” the singer’s rep concluded in the same statement to People. “She loves her fans and has loved every minute of this tour so much.”

While the singer has yet to publicly comment on the growing online discourse over her body, she has previously discussed how those online conversations have impacted her mentally and emotionally.

“I don’t do this often. I don’t like it. I’m not good at it,” Grande said in a TikTok video shared back in April 2023. “I just want to address your concerns about my body. There are ways to compliment someone or to ignore something that you don’t like that I think we should help each other work towards.”

If you or someone you know struggles with an eating disorder, visit the National Alliance for Eating Disorders website or call their hotline at (866) 662-1235. Text “ALLIANCE” to 741741 for free, 24/7 support.

Read the full article here

Contents
Related: Ariana Grande Doesn’t Invite Criticism of Her Appearance AnymoreRelated: Ariana Grande Cries on Stage After ‘Overwhelming’ Performance
TAGGED:Featured
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Print
Previous Article Jamie Laing and Sophie Habboo reveal they want “lots” of children: ‘The love is nothing you’ve felt before’
Next Article Robson Green says ‘watch this space’ as he shares exciting news
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Must Read

Kroy Biermann steps out for first time since teen son KJ’s sexual assault arrest

Heidi Klum, 53, branded a ‘tease’ in sultry sunbathing photo from tropical beach vacation

Even Rihanna Uses the Cooling Eye Patches That Amazon Shoppers Say ‘Noticeably Reduce Puffiness’ Around Eyes

‘The Challenge’ star Tyler Duckworth laid to rest in private funeral

Rumer Willis shares first glimpse into new home with toddler daughter after cross-country move

50 Best Netflix Movies to Watch (August 2026): ‘The Whisper Man’ and More

- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might also Like

1

Hate Shorts? Mary Steenburgen Found the Sleek Summer Pants Style That Flatters Women Over 50

Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships. We receive compensation when you click on a link and…

July 21, 2026 6 Min Read

‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ alum Charisma Carpenter, 56, looks half her age in red bikini

Charisma Carpenter is “embracing tan lines” while enjoying a “wonderful summer.” The “Buffy the Vampire…

July 30, 2026 3 Min Read

Emma Roberts and Cody John go bar hopping with wedding party after rehearsal dinner

Emma Roberts and Cody John stepped out to several bars following their rehearsal dinner in…

July 26, 2026 3 Min Read

Jurassic Park legend Sam Neill dies aged 78 after sudden illness

Beloved actor Sam Neill has died at the age of 78, with his family confirming…

July 13, 2026 3 Min Read
1

Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling Adopt Rescue Dog: Meet the ‘Newest Member of Our Familia’

Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling’s family is getting paw-sitively furrier. “Introducing Charlie, our newest member…

August 2, 2026 4 Min Read

’90 Day Fiancé’ stars’ daughter rushed back to ER as symptoms worsen after brain bleed

“90 Day Fiancé” stars Kenneth Niedermeier and Armando Rubio’s daughter Hannah has been rushed back…

July 25, 2026 4 Min Read
The Hollywood Ear

Hollywood Ear is your one-step website for the latest Hollywood, celbirty and entertainment news and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Quicklinks

  • Celebrity
  • Entertainment
  • Gossip
  • Lifestyle
  • Royals

About US

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

2024 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.